We made this recipe a few days ago for the first time, (found here: http://glutenfreegirl.com/yum-yum-peanut-butter/) and then again to take to some friends who were bogged down with school work and needed a diversion, and both times it has turned out delicious. Since the primary ingredient is peanut butter, the flavor will depend largely on what kind you get, so get one with good peanutty flavor, and one that is not too oily, so that the cookies will remain cohesive after being baked. It's a very simple recipe, and you can have fresh-baked cookies about 20-25 min after starting to make them.
- 1 cup no-stir peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F (about 176 C)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter, sugar, and baking powder using a wooden spoon until everything is well-mixed.
- Crack your egg into the bowl, and again, mix it in with the sugar/peanut butter mixture until it is well-mixed.
- Pinch bits of dough, and roll them into about 1.5 inch (3.8 cm) balls, and space out on a cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, press down the tops of the cookies with the fork tines first facing one direction, then perpendicular, so you get a grid pattern on the top. Press gently, so that you don't crumble the cookies.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake about 10 minutes, until the dough in the indentations where you pressed the fork is the same color as the outside of the cookies.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven, and let sit for about 3-5 minutes with the cookies still on it.
- When the cookies feel solid enough, use a spatula to remove them from the cookie sheet, and place on a cooling rack to cool off.