This is the recipe that will have you loving cooked carrots until the end of your days. It smells wonderful, tastes even better, and is really simple to make. It makes a great side dish for a roast chicken or a ham or pork roast. Or, just make it as a snack and eat it by itself :)
- one bunch of small/medium sized carrots
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh cumin seed
- salt and pepper
- Slice the carrots diagonally to make kind of oval-shaped slices.
- With a mortar and pestle, grind the cumin seed.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is hot, sautee the carrot slices for about 3-5 min.
- Add the ground cumin seed and the chicken or vegetable stock and cook for another 5 min.
- Add the honey and cook until the honey and stock are reduced to a thick sauce and the carrots are a bit tender, but still firm.
- Salt and pepper to taste