Anything is better with bacon wrapped around it, right? Right. This is one of the simplest recipes you'll ever see, but is very tasty, makes a great appetizer or snack.
- 1 lb bacon, sliced
- 2-3 dozen dates, pitted
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Cut bacon slices into about 3 inch long pieces (long enough to wrap around a date with some overlap).
- Wrap once 3 inch piece of bacon around each date, and stick a toothpick through to secure the bacon to the date. You can break the toothpicks in in half to use fewer of them if you want.
- Place the bacon-wrapped dates in a single layer in a baking dish, and bake in the oven until the bacon is a bit crispy.
- Remove dates from the baking dish and arrange on serving plate - allow to cool a bit before serving.