We made this salad for dinner
last night last month, and it was fantastic. (oops! forgot to post this one!) We based it off this recipe from Epicurious, with a few modifications.
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 4 1/2 ounces rice stick noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 medium cucumbers, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Puree first 7 ingredients in blender. With machine running, gradually add oil and blend until dressing is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breasts into small, bite-sized chunks, and sauté in pan with some oil, salt, pepper, and red chili flakes until cooked.
- Cook noodles in small pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain; cut noodles in several places with scissors. Spread out on platter or let sit in a bowl of cold water till you are ready to drain and mix everything together.
- Combine chicken, cabbage, carrot, pepper, onion, and cucumbers in large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Toss with noodles, sprinkle with peanuts, and add remaining dressing as needed to coat noodles.