So, about a year ago, we posted a recipe for Spiced Apple Cider with Vodka and Vanilla which we had gotten from New Scandinavian Cooking with Tina Nordström. In that post, we mentioned that she also made a mustard glazed ham with browned cabbage, and that we'd probably post the recipe soon. Well, that was about ten and a half months ago, so I guess our idea of soon is a little different than most peoples'. To be honest, there aren't many meals I enjoy more than this one, and it's really simple, so for sure give it a try.
- 1 ham (or portion thereof)
- Stone-ground brown mustard
- Bread crumbs
- Thin ginger cookies, crushed into crumbs
- Set oven to broil.
- If ham is not cooked, boil it until done. If ham is cooked, good.
- Coat outside of ham generously with stone-ground mustard.
- Cover top of ham with bread crumbs and crushed ginger cookies.
- Put ham in oven to broil for about 4-5 minutes, just until the mustard and bread crumbs form a nice crust on top.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head white cabbage, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider
- 2-3 tbsp Honey
- 2-3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat butter and olive oil, then add chopped cabbage.
- Sautee cabbage about 10-15 minutes over medium to medium-high heat, until cabbage is moderately browned.
- Add apple cider, honey and balsamic vinegar, and continue to sautee until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Salt and pepper cabbage to taste.
- Serve next to slices of ham.