2008/04/21

Ohana Hawaiian Cafe

So, I've never had Hawaiian food much prior to the last year or so, but if all Hawaiian food is like the food at Ohana Hawaiian Cafe, I think I could put up with all the sun and hot weather in exchange for the eating. We've been a few times now, and each time the food has been exceptional. The atmosphere is very friendly and the decor is simple and bright. My very favorite, the Kahlua Pig, is sensational, and their macaroni salad is wonderful as well. Last night we went, and the owner's wife had just made a chocolate tart with a shortbread crust with cacao nibs in the crust, and we were debating between that and their coconut custard with pineapple sauce and toasted coconut for dessert. We ended up getting the chocolate tart, and he brought us a coconut custard as well on the house because he wanted us to try it. Both of them were fantastic. The portions are very generous (I got a large Kahlua Pig for $10, and ate half and left half for my lunch today), and the service has always been quick and friendly. I highly recommend it.

------

Ohana Hawaiian Cafe

Ohana Hawaiian Cafe

------

Ohana Hawaiian Cafe
6320 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97213
Phone 503-335-5800
http://www.ohanahawaiiancafe.com/


View Larger Map

Ohana Hawaiian Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: